Tuesday, September 24, 2019

A Dark Cloud

We are under it....

There is a dark cloud of uncertainty hanging over Surfside.
That uncertainty has to do with the very survival of our Homeowners Association.  This includes individual Board members, contract employees, staff and members.  There is a real fear, as there should be,  that those involved will pay an awful price when they are exposed, held accountable and fined and even prosecuted.  Unfortunately, the innocent every day members will pay the highest price.

This did not just happen over night. It has been developing for years, but is now  reaching the breaking point.  I tried several times to get the Board back in the right direction, but failed both times. About all I have been able to do is to try and make the members aware of what is happening to this point. My glass has gone from half full to half empty.  I was again proven wrong when I thought it could not get worse. I honestly fear that we as an association are now doomed to complete failure. I did not want to see this happen, and I think most members feel the same.

For nearly 50 years, our homeowners association was progressing with mostly positive changes with only a few ups and downs. Members had a trust that the community was in fairly good hands, and there was not a need for them to be involved.  This is a reason that there was low voters in the elections.  Dues and assessments were stable and even experienced reduced fees.  I was a part of the surge in community involvement and saw a community pride develop.  Most had a good feeling about our community. It is astonishing how fast that ended. That is the real shame for us all.  What we see now are personal attacks against members who try to get Surfside back on a fair positive track.  Many give up and just walk away.  We need to support those who continue to return Surfside to the vision members want and expect.

Those in control, fear that the truth will be revealed. Truth has a way of doing that.  I do know much more than what I can share at this time, for various reasons.  For those who fear that I do know what is happening, your fear is justified.  I have many sources of information and many sources that I provide information. Just because you hear nothing about an issue, it would be a mistake to think nothing is happening.  It is happening and going to get worse.  I take no pleasure in that.



 

No comments: