Wednesday, July 4, 2018

4th Of July

Ocean Park and Surfside with Pictures

The parade was only 30 minutes long, but it had the usual fun things to see. Some elected officials, some horses, old cars, Okies shopping cart drill team, fire engines and misc. this and that. One new thing that caught my attention was a trailer loaded full of flowers from "The Basket Case". There were a lot of people along the entire parade route. Not much of a parade by some standards, but the main thing is....,It's ours.

I was surprised at the few RVers and campers here.  I think because it is in the middle of the week.  I saw more Rv's in driveways and the street at the homes.  There was also a lot of cars in driveways.
It is a cloudy but warm day here with light winds.  I have heard very few fire works the past couple of days.  The dune grass is dry, so don't  know what to expect tonight.

Here are a few pictures from today:  I got a new camera as my old one bit the dust. The old was 12 pixels and this one is 20.  Looking forward to using it at all Surfside events. 


Start of the parade.  What surprised me was, I seemed to be the only one who removed my cap when the colors went by.
Grandma Viv, active Surfside member Vivian Wattum, is always in the parade.

Two of my favorite Surfside ladies, Valerie Harrison and Sheila Wallace, driving the chamber president. They are both on the Community Relations Committee.


Some thoughtful person remembered that we can celebrate our freedom today because of our veterans.  Thank you.


This group on I Street are here most holidays. Sleeping tents are behind the sani can by canal. 


Some congestion on G Street, but who cares?  It is great that families and friends can gather at the beach for a good time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not too surprised about the hat thing. I've been to sporting events where the announcer asks people to remove them and some don't. At least the players taking a knee remove their helmets.

To me that's no congestion on G, just an average summer day.

Anonymous said...

Very quiet in our neighborhood. We are sorry that we did not invite relatives and friends. We stopped doing that after having several July 4th's that were scary with inebriated and hell raising visitors on RV lots making our guests and us miserable.

Anonymous said...

It was a quieter holiday in our neighborhood. July 4th should always be on a Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

9:15. Am so glad you pointed out that it was the RVers that were the drunken noise makers! No self respecting stick built would invite friends down, hold drunken party’s and make noise through the night, not here, right! You are so misinformed and out of touch witht the rest of this neighborhod. Unless you can prove that ONLY RVers cause noise in our community, think before you criticize . Remember, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Anonymous said...

I was simply describing my own neighborhood and what happened to cause us to stop inviting our friends and relatives to visit over the 4th. Lucky for us, the people in homes in our neighborhood have never had a drunken, noisy party or acted out in threatening and dangerous ways. Several nearby RV lots have been guilty of riotous parties and nasty behavior. Take your prove it crap and eat it. Your reaction points to you as one of the members who has been guilty of horrible behavior that is offensive to your neighbors. I'm ready to cast the first stone.

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh got your panties in a wad! I am a model citizen not prone to raising hell.

Anonymous said...

Sorry 1:13, if your the comment @ 9:16 then it is readily apparent that it is you that has their G-string pulled too tight.

He/She was describing their area. And even though I'm lucky with my neighborhood I have driven by what He/She has described for years here.