Thursday, May 17, 2018

Bill Neal

Contracted Water Systems Manager



Bill Neal

I have known Bill Neal for a number of years and was a Board member involved in his initial hiring at Surfside.  He not only managed the water operations, but also our field operations with care and maintenance of our lands and buildings. He did a very good job with both.  He now functions as a contracted Water Systems Manager through North Beach Water.  My biggest disappointment was when he left Surfside for North Beach.  We lost our full time management.

It has always been my opinion that our water operations requires full time management to be efficient and effective.

More and more I am seeing micro-managing of Mr. Neal and the water department by some members on the Board.  In my opinion, this has hampered the effectiveness of his position.  I think that if he was allowed to do his job, we would see things done differently.  I am seeing more and more that some criticisms I have had, are not directly the fault of Mr. Neal.

With the current Board and their thinking, even a full time Surfside only water manager might not be effective.  It could even be worse. In my opinion, all the water issues are not with Bill Neal, but rather the Board.

I may be wrong, but that's how I see it.     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen George! Bill is doing a very good job however, it must be most difficult to work with some members of our board.

Anonymous said...

For those that are new here a little history. It wasn't that long ago that Bill was the whipping boy of this site, basically being accused of everything that was wrong with the water department and also of using us to pad his wallet. And not just from people making comments either. He even mentioned this at a board meeting.

That is why I feel this topic is less about Bill and more about using him as another reason to go after the board once again.