Saturday, July 24, 2021

My Time Is Short...

My work is done..

 


The place above, has been my home for over 17 years. It has been my joy to tend the grounds and home.  It is just an old single wide trailer, but have been able to make it my little beach place at the ocean.  I always say...You can be poor, but you don't have to be crummy. 

I have been diagnosed with terminal cancer and will be under the care of my son, George Jr. and his wife Tracy. Hospice will also be providing care.  The treatment will be to manage the pain. So far, that is helping.  Because of the cancer location where many vital functions happen, it is difficult to say how much time I have left.  Right now, it is day by day. 

I do not take phone calls and discourage long visits.  I need to rest often.  My son and his wife will be here with me until the end.  They plan to move in here full time, so this will remain the "MILLER PLACE"  and George Miller will live here.  He is afar better gardener than I.  They plan to continue this blog "Surfside Chat".  I asked them to do that so the members would have a place for their voice to be heard. 

My wife Joyce, passed away from cancer 26 years ago and essentially my real life ended then.  I am happy about going home and we being together again. My strong christen faith really has been a God send.  Right now my emotions are up and down, but not depressed.

Surfside in one respect, has been the best and the worst for me.  All during my 84 years, I have been treated very well and always respected.  EXCEPT  here in Surfside.  In all the places I have lived and jobs I have done, Surfsiude has been the most disrespectful of all. Over time, I think the climate here will change because we have so many good people here.  For those who have been so mean and absorbed in their own special interests, All I have is pity for you. Your missing the best part of Surfside...The members. I am so grateful for my friends here and other members. It has helped me endure the past 26 years.

I think I have done some good here and left my mark that will remain after I am gone.  Twin Lakes cabana, Veterans Park, signs and landscaping at all the cabanas, safety barrier in front of the office, the flags in the office, white shoulder strips on way to compactor and serving on many committees and the Board.  I will probably be remembered as the old guy with the flowers and that blog. 

Thank you to everyone who has been so kind to me over the years. I am not allowing any comments on this posting.  You all know how I hate the blog to "Be about me".  I feel your love and prayers and hope you feel mine for you.  

No comments: